Our Operations Guide contains important information, which all pilots and staff members must please familiarise themselves with.
1: Legal Information
All African Airways is not a real-world based airline, but a virtual one, which is aimed at serving pilots for Flight Simulation (Microsoft Flight Simulator, Lockheed's PrePard3D, X-Plane) purposes.
All material published on our website is within this spirit.
No part of this website may be copied or reproduced in any form (this includes, but is not limited to: photocopying, recording, reproducing, or electronic storage). Any such act represents a copyright violation and theft of intellectual property, solely owned and operated by All African Virtual Airways.
Please note further legal content, available on our Legal and Privacy page.
If you are sound and able, with basic flight skills in Flight Simulation, and you wish to take a ride with us, please be welcomed.
- Registration is free (and always will be), and open for individuals as young as 16 years old.
- Use of data is observed by the European Union new GDPR regulation, and we fully enforce that. We try to collect as little data as possible.
- It is up to new joiners to provide accurate information, in case we are requested by authorities to explain how we process the data provided to us.
- The application to All African Airways is done via an online application process, by means of the NewSky Virtual Airline platform.
- All our flights are operated online, and we encourage all new pilots to join NewSky, as this is how we monitor and manage flight reports.
- Ranks are determined by flights hours accumulated online, and our pilot ranking system will be restructured soon.
- Unfortunately, we don't accept hours conducted with another virtual airline, should you wish to start flying with our Airline.
3: Flying for multiple airlines
We do not prevent our pilots to fly for others airlines, as long as they maintain activity and participate in our airlines events.
We currently use the NewSky plaform as our main (and only) flight tracker system.
This is a hobby, done in our spare time, and we believe that freedom is key. Pilots are just required to maintain normal activity. Suspension will only occur if a pilot does not respect basic human relations with others.
Any form of racism, xenophobic behaviour, or demonstration of violence in any form, will trigger a definitive and permanent ban from All African Airways.
As sad as it might be, terminating your virtual career with us is easy. Just send an email to any of our staff members, which will take measures to terminate your pilot activity within our company. We will require you to please return any material which you may have accumulated during your time with us. We also request the leaving pilot not to disclose any of our Operations, guidelines, or anything else that he/she may have learned about our company, and keep it to him or herself. This is a common and basic thing to observe.
6: Leave of absence, Inactivity
We try to keep it simple, any long absence from our company should be advised to the HR director. Any questions regarding the management of such leave of absence are to be checked with corresponding personnel from our airlines.
7: Hubs Management
Pilots Hubs are not definitive/permanent, and any pilot may change Hubs during the course of his/her virtual career. Just send a notification to one of our staff members, who will assist you in processing your transfer. At this time, we only operate from a single hub, which is based at Oliver Thambo International Airport (FAOR), located at Johannesburg, South Africa.
Pilots may request any type of training, from any member of our airline, based on each of the pilot experience.
9: Company Hierarchical Organisation
All African Airways operate as normal company with a management structure. Pilots are encouraged to contact the respective director for information, guidance, or requests. Please keep in mind, that the organization is an hobby, members acting as directors or staff members have lives, and are not always available for any inquiry, so replies may take a bit of time, please be patient!
Guidelines for our directors on how they should best represent, and be the face of our company, follows. Anyone willing and wishing to be part of the All African Airways staff must be ready to observe the following guidelines, unless they are promoted or relieved of their duties:
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of being hired.
- Display honesty, truthfulness, and integrity at all times.
- Complete at least 2 flights per calendar month.
- Provide guidance and support in any inquiry in accordance with the directed staff responsibilities.
- Not hold a staff position at any other Virtual Airline or Flying Organisation.
- Be active on any network or media used by the company.
- Our Ranking structure will soon be re-engineered. At the time of publishing this page, we adopted the ranking structure of our previous Airline Management platform, which was as follows:
- Second Flight Officer: ====> Rank1
- First Flight Officer: ====> Rank1
- Captain: ====> Rank2
- Flight Captain: ====> Rank2
- Senior Captain: ====> Rank3
- Senior Flight Captain: ====> Rank3
- Commercial Captain: ====> Rank4
- Commercial Flight Captain: ====> Rank5
A pilot not flying for more than a period of 3 months, will be temporarily suspended, and an email will be sent to him/her, to enquire about his/her whereabouts and wellbeing.
If a response has not been received during the subsequent month, a temporary suspension will be triggered. This suspension will be for a futher month, therefore, in total 5 months of inactivity will result in the pilot being removed from our company.
12: Final hiring
Upon your application, you are required to fly at least 2 flights in the coming two weeks. Failure to comply with this basic requirement will trigger a rejection of your application.
13: Transfer of hours
As frustrating it can be, All African Airways cannot accept hours conducted with another Virtual Airline, unless, we have agreements with that Airline through a formal partnership.